ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just took that cat out of my '81 280zxt. there are no smog laws here in CO so i was wondering would it be bad to run the car with no cat until i get a straight pipe fabricated? can it cause any damdage? it is late in the day and i am supposed to be out tonight and that is my only transportation. it doesn't sound all too terrible when i started it, kinda like a V8 with flowmasters. thank you for any info.

· Read Only
3,883 Posts
nothing

except a better flowing system

· Registered
253 Posts
No big deal

There are no adverse effects of running your car w/o the catalytic converter. As mentioned earlier, you should feel your car revving a little more freely.

Good luck with the cops, try no making much noise.

CarlosZXT

· Registered
3,207 Posts
Re: No big deal

Yo Bama16.
Here in colorful colorado there are indeed 'smog laws' , at least along the front range but not as far north as Weld county or anywhere at the 'western slope'. If you live at those area's then hey, really, do whatever you want. If at the 'front range' you will need emissions to keep renewing your license tags and a vehicle required to have a cat converter will most likely be demanded to have one to 'pass' emissions. But good news..... The Joan Clayburg era is ending in colorado and beginning next week, ahem.... beginning next year, emissions laws will change back to a less paranoid time when only vehicle inspections were required. Working lights and turn signals, brakes and seat belts, wipers and NO bald tires should have you and the new inspectors happy. However , you may still need that cat even with this new system. Contact your county's DMV for the new rules to be absolutely certain. shane-

· Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my bad

i knew i should have corrected that the minute hit post. there are certain parts of colorado, like in denver i know for sure, that have the smog laws but not here where i live, it is the western slope. they will pass just about anything here. sorry about that and thank you. bama

· Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my bad

i knew i should have corrected that the minute hit post. there are certain parts of colorado, like in denver i know for sure, that have the smog laws but not here where i live, it is the western slope. they will pass just about anything here. sorry about that and thank you. bama

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.