ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one tell me what a stock 76 280z wil run in the 1/4 mile.also can some peaple list what they have ran in the 1/4 mile and what they have done to there z's i want to build a street/drag car.i have friend that race on the week end.but they all have hondas. the fasts one is 14.58 will i be able to run with these guys. i thank i can because z rule.thank ahead of time

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have an 83 zx. i know that the engine is a little bigger than the 280z's (at least i think so, i might be wrong ) but this might give you an idea of where u stand.
i have a 2.25 inch mandrel bend exahuast, freeflow muffler and cat. i have a custom intake w/ a 7.5 inch K&N. also have an accel coil, ngk wires and bosch plugs. The rest is stock. i run a 15.7 on a cold night but i have traction problems. i get nothing out of first just smoke from the tires and a little in second and a healthly chirp in third. so im pretty sure the car would do better with some wider rubber on them. hope this helps give you an idea of where u stand, or what to expect. if you plan on any mods in the future i highly recomend getting an exahust, i makes a huge difference for not a lot of $$$$$$$$.

pete ulose2z <aol screen name

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Freez,

I am not sure about what a stock 280Z would do but a stock 260Z should do it in about 17.3 sec and a stock 240Z (1st gen) should do it in about 16.1sec.

Yeah, once you start playing with mods 3.1 motor, bigger cam and trible carbs you can do it in mid 13's for a 240Z. So I am sure you can get that sort of a figure with a 280Z. You really need about 200bhp for that sort of time.

It can be expensive when you really get into it, hope someone can fill you in as my car is stock and my knowledge is limited. Check out Hybrid Z for more info on Turbo installations or V8 conversions, if thats the route you wanna take.

Hope you could understand my waffling!

·
Registered
34 Posts
i find that my 1982 280 ZX is hard to break 'em loose. when i shift or dump the clutch, all the power goes stright into the road. The rear end slams down and puts all the traction to the ground, so i don't get that much tire spin.

·
Registered
38 Posts

83 280zxt T04/T3 hybrid turbo, starion intercooler, stock ecu, stock injectors, 75 psi fuel pressure at full boost of 14psi. Did a best of 13.5 @108mph on stock worn out radials with traction problems until 3rd gear.

Had some ECU connection problems and melted two pistons recently. So, right now it's sitting awaiting new pistons and injection upgrades. Anyone have some zxt pistons??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.