ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What up fellow Z owners, i recently purchased my first 1983 Datsun 280zx non-turbo about a month ago. I'm 33 years old, my name is Paul. Born and raised in Long Beach, California. if you are in the area, hit me up. i'd like to maybe hear your build or get some inspirations from a fellow z member locally or thru this forum. I also drive an 06 Evo 9 GSR slightly Modified. I am looking forward to learning from you guys. Pictures will be posted later this afternoon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone in the area preferably Long Beach, Ca. Willing to drive to my location and check out my datsun? Need a lot of help to pass Smog. I just recently done oil change, spark plugs, and replaced vacuum lines, and put on a stock intake box off ebay. I think my air flow meter is giving me issues but i am not to sure. Because whenever i accelerate the car seems to hesitate and i hear popping noise coming from the AFM.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Nice looking ZX. I see someone added the Japanese-style forward mirrors on the front fenders.

Smog checks usually go better after the car has been quite thoroughly warmed up, perhaps at least 10-15 minutes on the highway.

Not sure what a "popping noise" would be, but if it's also happening at idle I'd get an automotive stethoscope and find out where it's really coming from. Be slow to blame the AFM, but take a look at it; for some reason people who have no business touching them love to screw around with them. You're better off if no one has been into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts