ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think my engine may be predetonating slightly, what type of plugs should i use? i know colder ones, but which ones are cold? i have a T4 turbine, 275cc injectors, intake, 3inch exhaust, running 12lbs boost no intercooler...thanks for any info..
-cary280zxt

·
Read Only
3,883 Posts
you should be getting a i/c instead of plugs especially at 12# of boost. that should be your next mod, like it or not. you could try to find a older style supra i/c, there big and if you can get someone that doesnt know what it is have it for a dime. i got a nice i/c a while back from a hick yard. paid 75 bucks for it with the piping :eek:)

good luck
james
pittsburgh pa

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Hi Cary--------------Try NGK BPR7ES-11 plugs. The higher the number, the "colder" the plug. A lot of ZXT drivers are using the BPR7's and seem to like them. You might also want to consider getting an intercooler, at 12 lbs boost you're approaching the danger zone.

Roadman
Gulfport, MS

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Re: How about for n/a zx

Hi JetBlack82----------------You can use the same plugs as the turbo, but there's nothing to gain from this. The reason for a "colder" plug in turbo engines is that the increased pressures and heat will more likely cause a detonation problem. The colder plug will help counteract this condition, but can tend to load up and foul out when used in a n/a engine. Timing and fuel quality are the way to eliminate detonation in n/a engines.

Roadman

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No place to get Intercooler done in SF bay area...

i would get an intercooler installed, but i wouldnt know how to do it myself and there are no shops close to me to get the work done...my Z is my daily driver, so i cant go to any shops more than 30 min away...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.