ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5-speed and im gonna put new fluid in it. What the best fluid for the money?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so how much do i order? how many quarts etc...

has anyone used amsoil?

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
You guys that said MTL-90 must mean MT-90. Redline doesn't make an MTL-90 fluid. The MTL is a 70W oil and the "L" stands for light. Don't use Redline MTL in a Nissan transmission. The MTL has been known to cause premature bearing failure in the Z32. If you're going to use Redline, and I do recommend it, then only use the MT-90.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
MT-90. 3 quarts. Coz has it for $10 / quart.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I've had Royal Purple "Synchromax" transmission fluid in a '96 NA, and Royal Purple 75W90 "MaxGear" gear oil currently in my '93 TT. Both of these provided reduced gear noise over the stock fluid, but I can't say I noticed improved shifting "feel" or anything. Either of these choices is acceptable for the Z32. The manual recommends a 75W90 gear oil, but the Synchromax is also formulated to the same standards with some additional additives.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Definitely MT-90, I picked mine up for $9.99 a quart at a local action auto. I also made the air compressor pump shown in the TT.net write up. That worked well!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.