ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today somebody t-boned me. damage isnt too bad, probably about 1500 to 2000 of damage. the dude that hit me didnt have insurance but i got all his info (name, number, i.d. #) and he agreed to pay for everything (got my buddy that was with me to sign a witness paper) i can either fix the car or sell the one i have now and get a new one (1986 300zx n/a). what do you all think

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Describe the damage. I think you might be underestimating how expensive body shops can be. Also for 1500-2000 you could buy a whole other Z, maybe a turbo if thats what you want. Go get a real estimate rather than guessing. Also good luck with getting the money. Even with all the info you have if the guy wants to be a dick you'll have a real hard time getting any money at all. Lastly, get this taken care of right away. The more time you take the more this guy may think he can get away with this. About 6 months ago some uninsured dick head hit the front drivers side corner of my car. Tweaked the bumper and fender and broke the horn on that side. That same day I went to a body shop to get the estimate. Right after that I called him to tell him how much and to set up a meeting date. The next day we met and I got my my money for the damages. If you take longer than a couple days to get this settled your chances of seeing any money is very slim. Good luck

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the guy didnt really seem like a dick. my next door neighbor owns a body shop and he said it would be no less than 1500. plus its a holiday weekend

·
Registered
724 Posts
A little advice here from an old fart. When he pays you, make sure it's CASH, not a check. Not even a cashier's check. Good luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like that idea dukethenuke. but that might take a while to find a new car and to part out my old one and i have school to go back and forth to. so basicly without a car im screwed. i could just sell the car for someone else to part out though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.