ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 240Z that I want to get 175 at the rear. I have plans for a E31 head with Weber 40DCOE18 carbs. with a stock L24. I want to keep the L24 but may do things to it. What should I do to the drive train and engine? Should I supercharge it or can I do it without it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi:
I would like to make a sugestion, I know you mentioned that you would like to keep the L-24 engine and just modify it to get 175 Hp, this would not be that easy. I know that Mike of Z1 imports has a rebuilt 83 turbo engine for sale it makes a solid 180 Hp at the rear wheels and is capable with little modification of making LOTS more also it has a 12 month 12000 mile guarantee. Why dont you save your original engine so you can put the car back to original and have the turbo engine installed. It will probably cost less and be very reliable. With the turbo engine you have a lot of room to increase the HP. E-mail Mike at Z1 auto.com he will be happy to discuss it with you, he is very nice and VERY knowledgable ask anyone on the forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.