ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at the nissan japan website (granted I couldn't read it but the pics were kewl) and they have alot of nice looking cars, stylish, distinct etc. I look at their american offerings and they're all pretty **** plain. Some are downright crappy looking like the current Sentra. So I ask what gives? They are having a hard time selling cars and I think their problem is that they're too busy trying to design by comittee what they think americans will go for. Personally I think what they sell at home would probably sell alot better here. At least the Japan market stuff doesn't look like generic flavorless econoblob styling. On top of people's opinions, it seems to me that they'd be alot more profitable by not having 2 completely separate lines of cars for different locales, I mean pick one and sell it everywhere. (Alright the itty bitty march probably wouldn't sell to well here in the US) I can't imagine how much more it costs them to do things this way but it can't be cheap. And if some of these in japan are the same as the US counterparts with different trim packages well I guess I'm mistaken, but alot of them aren't (Although a few are here as infinity models)

I guess all in all it seems nissan is trying to second guess what people will buy, judging by their sales performance, they're not doing a very good job.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.