Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All.

Running braided line from the tank forward, what size line would best to run for fuel..

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
yes the fitting will be AN-6 too. I would'nt advise using braided steel line instead of the hard steel lines under the car. I am using the braided steel lines going from the hard line to the fuel filter and braided from filter to the fuel rail. I also have braided on the return. I used steel bung fittings on the engine side of the hard lines and on the fuel rail in and out. Had a local shop weld them on for $5.00 each. Of course you will need to remove the fuel rail and hard lines to do this, which was no problem for me since the car was going through a restro. A good supplier for the lines and fittings is www.pegasusautoracing.com
You should get a Aeroquip cataloge too. www.aeroquip.com
On the tank and fuel pump I used Aeroquip's socketless hose, 3/8" size. They too can take a special AN fitting. I use that instead of the braided as a cost saving measure.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
forgot to add

I am using the Fram HGP1 fuel filter. It accepts AN fittings and will fit in the stock filter mount, but you will need a longer bolt to replace the one that tightens the mount around the filter. The Fram HGP1 filter has a replaceable element too. You will need to get two male AN-6 to 3/8" male NPT fittings. I bought my filter from these guys... Last Lap Performance. They had the best price on the web.
http://www.lastlaps.com/page31.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.