Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my problem, I have a 1972 240 that I have been
trying to sell with know luck and I just bought a 1986 GT
Mustang with a lot of body damage, but with a stong 302 and 5 speed. What should I do with these cars? Should I put them together or should I restore them?
I more thing, should I just scrap both cars and put the 302, 5 speed, air conditioning power sterring and anything
else that I can into my roadster, which is still in development. Or should build a ford Z-car so I can answer the everyday question of which is better Ford or Chevy?

http://home1.gte.net/madman2/index.html

This is a link to a page of my toys and at the bottom is
the mustang.

O.K. it is time to beat me up with your answers.
Thanks for any comments or complaints.

Adam- madmanadam

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>nasty smack on the stang</b>

Adam....

I took a look and saw your web page.... Your Z looks like a nice car... why do you want to sell it?????

As for the mustang.... that is a nasty dent behind the drivers door... sure it's fixable... with 1.24534 tons of work. +/- .125

Let me get this right the V8 is out of the Z and in the truck.... the truck is running... the goldwing is gone... the mustang has a good engine but the body is a mess....

Adam, how do you get into these situations???? BTW, how's the dog???

IMHO... I would keep the Z and stick another Chevy V8 into it.... Sell the mustang and use the money for the Z... If your just itching to do some body work.... finish the truck....

Keep the dog well fed, and keep a close eye on the babe stock..... if there's no babe's on the scene... keep an eye on the babe stock radar screen to see if anything shows....

Cheers,
Dennis

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE: nasty smack on the stang

The Z with no top have another V8 in it already. The dog is healthy. I have another Z-car which I have been trying to sell, which is orange and has front end damage. I bought it from a guy that hit a deer at 120mph. The Mustang is damaged all around. The picture of the stang shows just one of the dents.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't know about the 240, but it taxes EXTENSIVE modification to a Mustang GT to make it keep up with my '77 280. (Stock except for a 2.5" flowmaster equipped exhaust, 180000 miles, burns oil, has valve trouble)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Adam

The mustang engine goes nicely into the Z and weighs about 60lbs less than the stock Z engine = better handling and a hellavu lot more torque. You don't have to cram the 5.0 into the firewall like you do the chevy and 5.0 parts grow on trees. I built a turbo 5.0 to go in a Z for a guy a couple years ago. That thing was a rocket and it handled as good if not better than stock. Doing that much body work on a mustang would be silly since straight bodies are a dime a dozen.
If you ask this same question on a mustang board they will tell you to sell the Z, but the Z has lots more potential for value and fun.

Later
Matt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I totally agree w/all who responded to your ? . A classic Z will be worth tons more than a piece of crap mustang. I am not a fan of american cars seeing that my family has owned american all of there lives, and has had trouble for that long as well. I was smart and have owned jap cars since I was 16. I have had little or no trouble w/my cars. American may look more simple, but once you understand a jap engine, that is that! I will visit your site, good luck fellow Z owner. P.S. Even though I just slammed american cars, a carb 302 would be badddd a*ssss in a Z.
see ya.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Nice work on the bike, that finish is great. With the Honda 750 you've got more power than most harleys will ever see without lots of $$$, even with the single vs the later dual cam. And the aftermarket is huge and cheap for that engine too.

I've been keeping an eye out for a good donor Mustang, but everyone that's selling them thinks that they are made of gold or something. If you got a good deal, don't part with it too fast, you might regret it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.