Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
My old head needs a Comp. 3 angle valve job what should that cost?? Worst case that i need all new seals guides and seat??
Best case little grinding and a new seat and guide or two?? When I have my vavle job done what should I have done to the head to get the most HP out of the head? Should I pay these guys to port'n'polish or whould I save my money for things like cam and diff??

Dustin

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Re: What should a valve job cost, what should be d

> Hey all,
> My old head needs a Comp. 3 angle valve job
> what should that cost?? Worst case that i
> need all new seals guides and seat??
> Best case little grinding and a new seat and
> guide or two?? When I have my vavle job done
> what should I have done to the head to get
> the most HP out of the head? Should I pay
> these guys to port'n'polish or whould I save
> my money for things like cam and diff??

> Dustin

Hi Dustin.

I am an aircraft mechanic by trade, and have work extensivly on cylinders and heads. Now I don't know what kind of price range your going to be looking at , but if they have the head off, and are going to do valve's guides and seats, I recomend that you have them all done. The price in labour should not be much more. It will just be the cost of extra parts. This is because it dosn't take much more time to do the rest if they have to do any at all. And it is a nice piece of mind to now that you won't have to do head work again. And as for the port and polish, i'd personaly go for the cam, chip, throtle body, etc.

There is actually a replacement head if you are the market. It has a larger diameter intake and exhaust valve. I belive that you can get it through your dealership if the are in the performance market, not all are.

Will.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

> Hey all,

> Dustin

Hey Dustin,

I had my head done here in southern CA, new seats, valve guides, lash pads, etc. and it cost me $80.00. Not a bad price I thought. By the way after your head is done and back on the car don't forget to adjust the valves after the engine has been warmed up to operating temp.

·
Registered
680 Posts

What part of souther calfornia I m in souther Central Calfornia or also known as souther calfornia

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

> Hey all,

> Dustin

I got my head done about a month ago. I got my head resufaced, a valve replaced, cleaned through out, seals, valves and seats reground and I bought a head set with it. It came to a total of about $200 This is up in Canada and all, so It might differ somewhat. The head set had cost me roughly 60 bucks so the whole job cost about 140-150 bucks. It nearly emptied my account. I'm still only in highschool and My job don't pay well so you can imagine. Also if you want more power than I would port and polish it and do the the cam and other stuff as well. If I could have afforded it I would have done the same. I don't know how much this costs but that was said quite well by the other guy sitting above me in the forum. By the way, this is only my opinion. I haven't been working with Z's for long but I have been working with motors my whole life. (and it helps when my father was a mechanics proffeser Well Good luck.
Sentinal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.