ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 50th AE and would like to know what you guys think I should do with it. I know you guys have been asked this alot but I'd like your input. Here are your choices

-Build a 12 sec Z

-Modify the Z a little bit

-Restore the Z and modify it a little bit with simple mods?

Please tell me which one you think I should do and why. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
no one can answer this question for you, or I should say SHOULDN'T answer this question, we don't know how much money you have!! we don't know what you like!! for example do you like to be driving a rare car or a 12 second car, maybe Both!! who knows
these questions you should be answering to yourself, not us!!! set a goal, make it a project(long or short term is entirly up to your Money situation) and then go after it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm only 19 so I don't have much money. Also, since I'm 19, I like fast cars. If I was to do any of that stuff. Since I don't have alot of money. It would be a long term project. Reason I asked is because it's a rare car and wanted to know what people thought I should do. I've been more leaning towards a 12 sec car but then I go back and think to myself and say I want to restore it and mod it with simple mods. Restoring and modding a car is not cheap. Both can cost alot of money. Anyways. I like to have a rare car, thats why I bought the 50th AE but I also like to go fast. Just thought I would ask before I did anything to it. So far I only have shocks and springs and bushing kit and cat-back exhaust on that car. I also have a manual boost controller and boost gauge for it. (Those 2 aren't installed yet)

But thanks for your input. I really don't think of that kind of stuff before hand.

Okay, I been thinking about this and I decided I could have both. A fast car and a restored car. It will just take time and alot of money. I'd build a fast car first.

Post Edited (Jul 25, 9:14pm)

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
3rd choice, and agree with hybrid.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh, I can't just buy all the parts now and put everything on my car. This will be a LONG term project. One step at a time!, One part at a time!. It will take time and of course MONEY $$$$ to do this!

·
Registered
129 Posts
well, being that its an AE, i would also go with the 3rd choice of restoring it. any Z, and car for that matter, can be fast, but none of them can be an AE (only 5148 made!). Title may not be everything, but its nice to brag about :D.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I totally undersetand your position. I can only buy one major mod per month, and right now Im trying to buy a bunch of suspension pieces and its driving me nuts not being able to get everything at once and have it all put in right away.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I am more leaning towards making a 12 sec car plus restoring it. It will take a long time to finish it but in the end, I'll be happy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.