ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what kind of penetrating oil has everyone found to work the best?

Just wondering what stuff everyone has found to work the best. I am trying to rebuild an old turbo but am stuck on one stupid bolt. I'm about ready to cut the **** head of the bolt off.....hehe, but then again I would be here the next day asking how to remove a broken frozen screw.....without the head.

Josh

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I use this stuff called Rust Eater. Got it at AutoZone a few years ago. Works good, but CRC makes good stuff too.
Whatever you use, let it soak in... it also helps if you tap on the socket with a hammer to help loosen the bolt. Reapply some spray and let sit then try to remove the bolt.

·
Registered
567 Posts
also try to tighten then loosen sometimes it works on breaking them loose. just keep on switching. the other thing you could do is to get a dremmel and cut the nut open on opposite sides then hammer a screwdriver in there that eill either crack the not in 2 or break it loose.

·
Registered
163 Posts
PB Blaster avail. at Wal Mart. Best **** stuff in the world. I take it to the junkyard and I have undone many exhausts and turbos with it. Don't leave home without it.

Kevin

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Astro glide works excellent LOL

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
You guys are all wrong!

WD40 is the best! I have tried all kinds of products and I always come back to WD40. It is also a brand loyalty kind of thing as well but I still say WD40 and no I don't own shares in the company!

·
Registered
181 Posts
the ghetto tool box

Some WD40, some duct tape, a few bobby pins, some liquid nails and a sawz-all and you can take over the world!!!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I use any type of spray oil like WD-40 plus carb. cleaner. Pack the area with some cotton balls soaked in this stuff overnight or longer. If you can heat/cold cycle it safely, do it (use dry ice or CO2) to break it loose. Then, reassemble w/ anti-seize lube.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got you all beat hands down,LOL

I have removed the absolute nastiest,corroded out nuts,bolts,and pins with this stuff called"Mouse Milk".I am an airplane mechanic,and use it on a regular basis for removing turbocharger bolts,exhaust bolts and studs,landing gear hardware,and for pressure lubing control cables.It's a bit pricey,but well worth the investment.No need for overnight soaking.Just apply it,go make some coffee,come back and give it another squirt and bingo,you're on to the next task.Every airplane mechanic swears by it,and its found in almost every hangar at every airport.Here is a site of a supplier. http://www.airpartsinc.com/newprod.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.