ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I m looking for a shop manuel for my 280zx turbo 1983. And do they go in to the eletric of the car like the Dash and all that. I dont think the wiring and vacuum diagrams in the Chilton is not very good. And most places will not touch it with a 10 foot poll when I ask if they do eletical or they say it will take A long time with my car or say no way. Sorry I need my car to drive. Not to have a micanic say it take time to find the problem.

I want to go to a pick a part in souther calfornia where a good place that has lots of z in them.

Or is there a good zcar micanic in souther calfornia like in North hollywood area, bakerfeild area or Pamdale area
Why a wide area I live in the mountain on top of the grapevine and there all about the same dis. 40 miles away.

why I need this info I m getting tired of trying to geuss how fast I go. Luckly I got a CB in my car and they tell me where the cops are. My water temp dont work I had a addon put in. And I got it running where The battery will not die on me by useing a buttion to change the altnator to charging mod. hehe this one I kinda like if some one steals it it will only run for 30 miles then your stuck on a road unless u puch the button after u start the car and I got that hidden in the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
In my humble opinion, both the Haynes and Chilton shop manuals are pathetic for doing any serious work on ANY make of car. No, that's not strong enough. Except for their nifty color section on how to read spark plugs, I'd say they're the biggest waste of money in the world.

Unfortunately, the shop manuals (put out by Datsun/Nissan) aren't much better. There is a lot of great information in them, to be sure, but it's arranged weird, again in my opinion. And for my '82 turbo, half the manual tells you how to read the special digital gizmo that you plug into the electronic brain. I haven't asked what one of those costs through Nissan -- if they're still available and were ever sold to the public in the first place. The manuals themselves run about $50-$75, depending on year. Premier Products (candy store for Z owners) in SoCal stocks most of them.

Just as an aside, Honda makes absolutely the best shop manuals in the universe. Everything is there, arranged logically, tests are easy to understand and illustrations are great.

I used to be into Datsun/Nissan mini trucks and owned every Chilton/Haynes of every size and vintage ever printed for them. I also happened upon a book called something like The Datsun Manual for the Complete Idiot. It was published by John Muir Publications and was a fabulous resource, very very well done. I've always wished they would do one just for us Z-car owners, but I don't know if the company is even still in business.

Anyway, good luck on securing a shop manual. They're worlds better than the Chilton/Haynes things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
where can i get one for my 280zxt ...

Since I didnt have the need before I never woried but right now I NEED it. Where can I get it??

thanks

Ah, BTW you forgot to mention the Clymer shop manual

CarlosZXT

> In my humble opinion, both the Haynes and
> Chilton shop manuals are pathetic for doing
> any serious work on ANY make of car. No,
> that's not strong enough. Except for their
> nifty color section on how to read spark
> plugs, I'd say they're the biggest waste of
> money in the world.

> Unfortunately, the shop manuals (put out by
> Datsun/Nissan) aren't much better. There is
> a lot of great information in them, to be
> sure, but it's arranged weird, again in my
> opinion. And for my '82 turbo, half the
> manual tells you how to read the special
> digital gizmo that you plug into the
> electronic brain. I haven't asked what one
> of those costs through Nissan -- if they're
> still available and were ever sold to the
> public in the first place. The manuals
> themselves run about $50-$75, depending on
> year. Premier Products (candy store
> for Z owners) in SoCal stocks most of
> them.

> Just as an aside, Honda makes absolutely the
> best shop manuals in the universe.
> Everything is there, arranged logically,
> tests are easy to understand and
> illustrations are great.

> I used to be into Datsun/Nissan mini trucks
> and owned every Chilton/Haynes of every size
> and vintage ever printed for them. I also
> happened upon a book called something like
> The Datsun Manual for the Complete
> Idiot. It was published by John Muir
> Publications and was a fabulous resource,
> very very well done. I've always wished they
> would do one just for us Z-car owners, but I
> don't know if the company is even still in
> business.

> Anyway, good luck on securing a shop manual.
> They're worlds better than the
> Chilton/Haynes things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: where can i get one for my 280zxt ...

I m going to see if my mancanic can get it. and he say the same about the c. and h. manuals They suck. He A good friend of mine and I get thing cheap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
Try Premier for shop manual

Yeah, you're right. I did forget Clymer. Actually, of the three aftermarkets (Chilton, Haynes and Clymer), Clymer manuals are the best. But that's not saying much.

Anyway, my 1994 price list for Premier Products catalog lists '82 and '83 ZX shop manuals at $55 apiece. Call them at (800) 949-2311 or (818) 949-2311. And when you do, tell them to get on the stick and get a website going.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Re: Try Premier for shop manual

> Yeah, you're right. I did forget Clymer.
> Actually, of the three aftermarkets
> (Chilton, Haynes and Clymer), Clymer manuals
> are the best. But that's not saying much.

> Anyway, my 1994 price list for Premier
> Products catalog lists '82 and '83 ZX shop
> manuals at $55 apiece. Call them at (800)
> 949-2311 or (818) 949-2311. And when you do,
> tell them to get on the stick and get a
> website going.
I think that Dyment Publications has the rights to the Nissan Factory Manuals. For the person looking for the ZXT manual you will find that you will need to buy the ZX manual and the Turbo supplement. You will find the address and phone for Dyment on the IZCC web site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Try Premier for shop manual

> I think that Dyment Publications has the
> rights to the Nissan Factory Manuals. For
> the person looking for the ZXT manual you
> will find that you will need to buy the ZX
> manual and the Turbo supplement. You will
> find the address and phone for Dyment on the
> IZCC web site.

what is the full website ron. This one is the one I been going to and it was sthe frist one I found.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Re: Try Premier for shop manual

> what is the full website ron. This one is
> the one I been going to and it was sthe
> frist one I found.
All of the Nissan Factory Service Manuals are available through Dyment Distribution Services P.O. Box 360450, Strongsville, Ohio, 44136. They can also be reached by phone at 800-247-5321. 8 to 8 Eastern.
Remember, if you are looking for information about a Turbo model or information about the Body or Suspension you should order the supplement for your chassis and year.
The manual itself runs about $65.00 and it is a photocopy of the original which is no longer avaliable. Occasionally you can still find a complete original manual in the parts department at the Nissan dealership.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top