ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What intake for Holley on 240?

478 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Unknown User 
#1 ·
I have a 1971 240Z that I am rebuilding. I want to leave the original dual carbs off when I reassemble it, and use a Holley 4 bbl instead. I need to know what kind of intake I need to use to go with the Holley. Any info will be appreciated. Also, will have dual carbs for sale. Need to know where to get best price on weather stripping for doors and hatchback. Thanx all.

#2 ·
> I have a 1971 240Z that I am rebuilding. I
> want to leave the original dual carbs off
> when I reassemble it, and use a Holley 4 bbl
> instead. I need to know what kind of intake
> I need to use to go with the Holley. Any
> info will be appreciated. Also, will have
> dual carbs for sale. Need to know where to
> get best price on weather stripping for
> doors and hatchback. Thanx all.
JUST IN CASE YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED,I HAVE A TRIPLE WEBER SETUP FOR YOUR CAR.ITS IN NEW CONDITION AND I WANT $700 FOR IT ALL. THANK YOU

#3 ·
Levi,

The intake you need is made by a company named Clifford, and you can get a new one from Motorsport auto for $319.95. But, as it happens I have one with a Holley 600 attached! I would consider selling or trading the intake and carb (or) just the intake. Email me at Tsrohn@hotmail.com with any questions you might have or if you want to deal. Also I'm curious where you are located if you do want to work out a deal. BTW I'm in Radford, Virginia. You might also check Motorsport Auto for the weatherstripping, however their prices tend to be fairly high on interior stuff.

Z ya l8er!

Tony Rohn

#4 ·

You def. don't want the one piece 4bbl manifold, look for the type that bolts onto the stock manifold. You should get at least even flow to all cyls. The one piece unit is junk pure and simple, it flows very uneven, lean on 1,6 cyl just right on 2,5 and rich on 3,4. It has way too much surface area so when it's cold a lot of the gas just cools into a large puddle and if you get backfires which you will, you will have a nice fire. They really need to include a fire ext. with that manifold. The person who made that manifold should be shot. The only advice to really take is to scrap the 4bbl idea and stick with duals of one type or another. The manifold might be better if they ran a water jacket through it but they skimped on that also.

#5 ·
Azizona Z makes a real nice 4-barrel manifold that is better than the clifford and also cheaper. it was $240 a couple yrs. ago when i bought mine. i use an Edelbrock 600cfm on my L28/240 and it runs mint.
mike

#6 ·
Levi,

You will get a mix bag of ideas on this subject. A year ago, I want to remove my dual SU's from my 73, 240Z. I live in Boston so, the car was hard to start in the cold mornings w/ the orginal carb's.

I talk to Motorsport about the Holly setup, and they talk me out of it. It was the same reason as one of you posted commits. As well, other people I talk to turn me away from the Holly setup. There is just too much space between the outer ports.

I went w/ the dual weber down darft kits, and LOVE IT. The car runs, and start a lot better. Plus the whole install was very easy...everything is in the kit. Good Luck.

Darryle Mann

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.