ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was thinking about buying this Z. Low milage and its pretty much everything I'm not looking for but bleh. I've given up on finding a 30)ZX '84-'85 2+2 w/ under 100 miles and no rust. A '86 2+2 is fine I'm sure.

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-300-ZX-2-2-TTops-77K-original-miles-Inspected_W0QQitemZ4578759501QQcategoryZ6398QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting>

It's auto, but I plan on getting a 87-89T tranny in there ASAP anyway. I would swap out the digital dash to analog probably, and I don't think I would pay more than $3500 for it.

Bleh, see I've gone and changed my mind again while I was writing the post. I'm not sure I want it now and maybe I should stick to finding an '84-'85. I hate life.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Also putting in a clutch into an auto is do able but pain in the a$$!!!!

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
no, much more complicated than that to make an auto into a manual.
first you'd need the clutch pedal, and whatever under the dash to mount it.
you'd need to cut a hole for the master cylinder, put all the clutch lines in, buy a manual tranny, buy a flywheel, slave cylinder, and drive shaft. then you'd have to put it all together.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Just a quick point, The firewall in my auto already had holes for the clutch master cylinder.

·
Registered
540 Posts
es3 ( young grasshopper) dont jump to buy a car that u dont want 2 make it a car that u do.be patient ( young grasshopper) the car u want will b there just keep lloooooking

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no. it wont be. lol. And when my car is gone, I will need another ( sense ). Sell me your car DAD7751 ( sense ) :p

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now I'm looking at this.

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-300ZX-ZX-1984-Nissan-300-ZX-T-Tops-5-spd-manual-inexpensive_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6398QQitemZ4577703508QQrdZ1>

its what I want with a few more miles on it. Seems pretty nice. Only thing I don't like is if you look, one of the panels is off-color just a bit from the rest of the car. I think the price they are asking is very fair though.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I'd get a Carfax before looking at that....it seems that car has been in an accident before, and the front drivers side fender was replaced

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats what I was saying. One of the panels is "off color". No doubt its been in an accident. bleh. I hate this.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Trying to be half full here.. Just because it was repainted doesn't mean it was in an accident. It could have had the clearcoat blister up. Or maybe it got dinged up in a parking lot. It could have started to rust and was repaired. There's a number of other reasons why it's off color. Until you physically look it over or do a Carfax on it you can't tell from the picture.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I think that I'm gonna go black, but I havn't made up my mind yet. Either way, I'm waiting till I have enough money to do all the exterior mods and paint all at once. What does everybody else think, Red or Black for me? It doesn't matter that it's red already, it's going to be completely repainted anyways.

Post Edited (Sep 28, 5:08pm)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
go black or OEM Red. hmmm or blue...

If you wait till next summer I'll come down to Florida and help you paint kyle. In return, you must teach me the masteries of doing a decent paint job :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.