Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMO
1. THere were a ton of 1st generation z cars. Last year I felt there were to many new (90-96)300zx that were stock=Boring. THey(the 1st gens) had great setups, big old v-8's to sweet turbos. Many of the Z's were beautifull and sounded great when they started up!
2. I got to see some of your cars- Nice 280 Merel!
3. There were really neat things guys had done to their interior with their gauges and stereo systems as well as electric door, and keyless entry.
4. The T-Shirts were alot better then last year.
5. Most of the owners were really cool when it came to explaining their mods and answering my Q's.
6. I took my Z along the highway 1 to get there...those of you in ca. will know what I am talking about! One of the greatest roads in the world IMO.

To sum it up the show seems to get better each year. I think I will enter my Z in the show next year and just plan on spending sunday night there. There were so many good looking and original Z's there I could have taken 100+ pictures.
-Travis 77z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>Man... Do I hear Ya....</b>

The show was great with plenty of 1st Gen cars... I took 4 rolls of film and could have done an additional 10 rolls without any problem. I stayed at the Ramada Inn where there was an on going car show all weekend. Man now I've seen it all... From a Cady mountain motor to injection systems with NOS, to Tripe SU's and Weber's.... Body mod's all over the place... from Aero kits to a Ford AC Cobra package that was done extremely well.

The thing that I enjoyed the most was that 73 240Z with 42k miles.... which won the best car in the 70-73 Class.... and it was the same color as mine. Orange! I took about 7 or 8 pic's of his car. Fine looking car!!!! Reminds me of mine when it was 110k miles younger...

Great people!!! I agree! I missed several of the people on here... Sorry... I saw their cars, but I didn't see them. I must admit, I walked the strip 4-5 times on Sunday... I also enjoyed both of the Z Car Stores showing both the White and Orange 240Z's - they were for sale... asking $29.5K

I saw the lowest vin number there... it was on a 70 240Z and it was number 90. the car was a bit rough, not bad - it needed a paint job.

1st Gen Show Cars... the center section had some very nice show cars... Everything I saw was chromed, or was anodized.... or was real gold. I also liked them placing last year's winners in the same area. I liked all the cars there and picked up some great ideas for my car... even tho I don't think it will ever be a dust collecting show car that is only driven out of the trailer and onto assigned showing locations....

I also liked them giving out Press Kits on the new Z car. The 35mm slides were what I've see before... it was just nice getting the information from Nissan directly in a wonderful package.

Parts Parts Parts.... I lighten my wallet by about a 1/4 on Saturday.... got excited on Sunday with a few of things I hadn't seen applied.... Motorsports happily took $1500 of mine... Maybe Greg should have a IPO so I can recapture some of my Z investment...

Yuichi, I picked up a cool shirt, Hope you wear size large!!!!!

I can't wait until next year!!!! this is an event I will be going to for a long time.

Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Oh! You lucky b*****ds..

Seems to have been a marvelous meeting.
I live in Sweden and I'm quite alone with my 1978 280Z. Z cars was offered here in 1973 only, and it didn't do well on the other European markets either.
The 280 were never offered in Europe at all.
There are possibly less then 10 rolling this continent.
But I'm right now trying to track down as many European 1969-1983 Z cars as I'm able to, because I want to see a meeting like this over here as well, even though we are fewer, we still share the same interest.
Want to know more about this West coast meeting you guys had.

Regards Marten Carlsson

Sweden

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.