ZCar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to replace all of the vacuum and coolant lines and fuel lines in my engine bay. I don't know the sizes of all the lines and what kind of lines and hoses to buy. Im coming to this forum to look for a diagram or List of every coolant, Vacuum and Fuel line and their size and legnth. Im not replace the fuel rail or fuel damper but i do need to replace all of the lines.

Thank You guys

· Registered
35 Posts
If OP is not replying, I will bite--I have the same question.

I have a 1978 280z and would like to prophylactically replace my hoses. Other than hand matching each line one-by-one, is there a part list that would be helpful? I would imagine that several feet of a few different diameters would work for this project, but I certainly don't want to waste time and money on trial-and-error. Thanks.

· Super Moderator
8 / 71 240Z, HLS30-40031, L24-052899, Sunshine Yellow
331 Posts
Radiator and Coolant Hose Kit OEM 240Z 70-73 | Z Car Depot Inc $175.00. I see that yours is newer but they may have a kit.
Old fuel hoses deteriorate with ethanol gas.
The fuel hoses need to be good enough for fuel injection pressures.
Those molded evaporative emission control hoses at the gas tank may go bad too. I think I have seen expensive kits.
If you haven’t changed the flexible brake lines at each wheel, they are as old as the car.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If OP is not replying, I will bite--I have the same question.

I have a 1978 280z and would like to prophylactically replace my hoses. Other than hand matching each line one-by-one, is there a part list that would be helpful? I would imagine that several feet of a few different diameters would work for this project, but I certainly don't want to waste time and money on trial-and-error. Thanks.
A Parts list would be Radiator hoses and fuel lines vacuum lines, and basically every hose/ Line in the engine bay i dont know the specifics of every legthn and size of the hose thats why i asked the forum. Its a 1983 datsun 280zx non turbo.

· Registered
3 Posts
A Parts list would be Radiator hoses and fuel lines vacuum lines, and basically every hose/ Line in the engine bay i dont know the specifics of every legthn and size of the hose thats why i asked the forum. Its a 1983 datsun 280zx non turbo.
I mean you can take off one at a time and measure the id and the length and get a list written down

· Premium Member
24 Posts
There isn’t a shopping list per say of all of the hoses under the hood or bonnet as they say in the Haynes manual. Your going to need to measure the existing parts for ID and length. Be sure to purchase the metric equivalent or as close as possible. if you have access to a vernier caliper or micrometer, measure the rigid tube diameter. Hose is just hose after all but you can get the wrong size and then it takes to much effort to get it on the tube or pipe (undersize) or the opposite (oversized) and the hose ID is way too loose and won’t seal no matter how hard you tighten the clamp. Once you determine the average ID of the other hoses you can purchase it in bulk and cut length. For the fuel injection system Use only hose that is rated for use in fuel injection systems and install good quality clamps similar to the OEM clamps on your fuel rail connections. Make sure you bring the clamps to the edge of the hose and past the bead to make a good seal.

Trust me, I know, I almost had a Z BBQ once due to a cheap ass worm clamp.

With some of the molded hoses like for brake booster or fuel vapor expansion tank in the back you may need to be a little creative in how you route it up and down and around in the cabin to get it to meet fit/form and function

Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.