ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Yo Bigshane21.
We ain't related are we???? Just kidding. First it would be nice to know what 77 Nissan you just got. Being here a Z car site I'd think probably a 77280z but people can surprise us with a 77 Truck..... Okay, give us more info about this OHC straight six???? Tell us its compression results from dry and wet tests done to it. Let us know if you hear loud sounds from ...say...number 6 or number 2 cylinder. If you have a good engine I ask why buy anything??? Do a radiator vaccuum test. Tell us how many pounds dropped and in how many minutes. But hey Bigshane21 if all you want is a ' original' engine then hey.....the 'Parts & Accessories' section are full of 'em. HappyTrails. shane-

·
Registered
676 Posts
If it's a 77z then the original head is an N47 and the original block is an N42, you can check the head by looking just above the first and second spark plugs. Then look on the driver side towards the center and bottom of the block it will have the block casting number, N42 or F54 etc. If your engine is a straight six 2.8L it's probably fine. All the parts are interchangeable. What the guy might have meant is he had the engine rebuilt or replaced, but I wouldnt worry about it if it runs well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Kenafein240 is right about all that. Regardless of what car or engine you have, you should check out How To Rebuild Your Nissan/Datsun OHC Engine. All the information you could ever want. Or visit this site. I've never been lied to. Well not about part numbers. I've heard plenty of stories about 250hp NA L28's that only cost $800 to build...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.