ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im using the tranny,engine and rear..but i wanna know about the power windows, locks, mirrors, t-tops, how about the domelight? maplight? theyre cool.. if i can use the windows or locks or whatever is it really hard? rear wiper? can i retrofit the ac into my 73? easily? thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Not much

If you have the skill and time, you can probably do power windows and locks in your 240, but it will be VERY tight. Ever pop your inside door panel off? Not a whole lot of room.

Maplights can be installed pretty easily, but you will have to chop up your headliner or other trim pieces to do it.

Rear wiper probably couldnt be done, again there is not much room in the 240 hatch.

If you were an AC tech you could probably retrofit an AC system into your Z, but they are completley diferent cars, the lines would have to be redone, and I dont know if the coil would fit under your dashboard. Best bet would be to find a first gen Z with an AC system.

If you like the ZX seats more than the Z seats, put those in there.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Can't you upgrade to the zx front calipers? I think I heard that somewhere as well as upgrading the rear brakes.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yeah .. lemme tell you that zx has awesome brakes.. im using toyots 4 piston on my front.. but how hard is the rear disc swap? ill go research that.. thanks for the info though i appreciate it.. guess ill just roll my windows up.. no big deal.. and no ac..who likes the zx seats better? i think the 280z seats are the prettiest i ever seen.. plenty of support without looking all mistubishi..ish.. well thanks alot .. adios

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.