ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im ready to move on to my interior restoration. i have looked around at carpet and am still confused on what to buy. i want carpet foer the whole car, front and the back area. i also want the border around the carpet in the back area that looks factory. what brand is the best value and quality thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Try Dyeing your carpet ?

What is wrong with the existing carpet? If it is just dirty or stained you may want to Dye it for alot less money. Dying only works well if you go to a darker color. My carpet was light blue and stained pretty heavily but had no holes or bad wear. After cleaning and staining it dark blue it looks almost new. I almost wish I would have gone with black because it would have been perfect. If interested all you need is some Rit Dye (you can buy it at most grocery stores or Wal-Mart). Clean you carpet outside the car with simple green and a hose. Let it dry. Mix each package of dye with a quart of water, bring to a boil and spray through pressurized garden sprayer. It took me 6 packages to stain my carpet. Let it set for an hour and then rinse thoroughly with a hose until the water runs clear. Let it dry and install. Your carpet will look and feel like new. Friends of mine freaked when they saw the differense. Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks... the owner before me had a dog and smoked cigeretes, cigares, and a few other things... needless to say the carpet is rancid. i used like every product and it still smells. i even steam cleaned it. ill check out taht link though thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.