ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired a 1975 280 and was wondering what parts I could use on my 73 240,there is alot of good parts on the car so maybe somone will need some.

·
Registered
303 Posts
From the body you can use the doors, fenders, hood, headlight buckets, windshield, rear hatch and glass. Grill, lower valance, turn signals, and bumpers won't fit. Probably additional parts I didn't cover.

Mechanically, well you can use the motor. Fuel injection if you really wanted to go through all the work. Think the radiator mounts differently.

You would probably be better off just listing what parts you are thinking about taking from your parts car and then posting them on here.

Mike

·
Registered
177 Posts
whats the metal under the front grille look like?
i think its called the "front valance"
I need that whole metal strip on the front of mine.. looks like the previous owner ran into a curb...
i also need the plastic dealy you plug all the fuses into on the passenger side.... the A/C fuse blew and melted mine.
and both arm rests in mine are shot.. separated from the internal mounting plastic...
and the center console in mine has several holes drilled in it.. that i see no reason to have... so a center console would be nice..
and the parking brake boot... thats missing...
oh yeah.. mine's got the brown interior... but black stuff will work fine..
and the metal just under the windshield on mine is really rusted.. and bent...
the clutch master cylinder lid.. its a plastic screw-on type.. the threads onmine have separated from the top of the lid... and it doesnt seal.. just sits on there...
what about the plastic on the bumpers? is it there? and in decent shape?
i'm sure there's more.. but thats all that comes to mind...
if you've got any of those things...
i'm interested...
feel free to email me if you're interested in my interest!
I live in SA texas if thats gonna be helpful or a problem.

hope to hear from you!
-Justin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.