ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking at geting a cam for my car its a 76 280z.what cams are good in these cars.can you guys give me some opins on some cam you have use.it there any one that makes roller rockers for these cars.these is what i have done to the car.cold air industion header and 2'5 with dyomax bullet muffler.and i think ether a 55mm 0r 60mm t/b it off of a 85 300zx.thanks ahead of time

· Registered
888 Posts
It sounds like your gonna spend alot of $ on a 6 cyl when you might be better off w/a 350 chevy.

· Registered
345 Posts
I have MSA prt# 10-2002, lift .480, duration 274 cam.Car idels smoothly at 850RPM, power range from 2000-6000RPM.If your car is daily driver i reccomend this cam.But you can look also on CRANE camshafts, they are better because they are not regrind cams,plus one of the cams can be used with stock springs and lash pads,the other one ( i don't remeber parts number ) should be used on engine with CR more than 9.5, and your 280Z has 8.3 CR.Choosing camshaft also depends on how you use your car, if you plan in a future increase CR to 10.0 then i'd wait until then, if you plan to use car as a dily driver all the time i'd use cam with numbers close to mine.Just my .02

· Registered
888 Posts
how much do these cams run?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.