ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know I've posted this before that I wanted free mods, which I got take off the pop off valve, I personally liked this idea even though I run the risk of blowing my motor, put a tee fitting in the wastgate line and thrid is modiphy the wastgate which is stupid. I want real mods that will help performance, Like what kind of filter would give me more hp?? I don't care who you heard the mods from or if it sounds like something you pulled out of you [email protected]# just let me know.

tbs

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hope you are not talking about me ?I am the one who teed into my turbo line to get more boost .It works awsome maybe you dont understand .I have had it like this for two years .You just have to know how to do it.Major diffrence.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
This wont get you HP but it will help acceleration. Start chucking wieght off the car including bumpers, pass. seat, carpet, air cond. pump, hoses and controls. You might try one of those exhaust cut outs (drop tube with removable end plate) about 12" behind the manifold, or punch out the center of your cat conv.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nothing cheap available, unless you can rig the ducting for the filter yurself, then it's only the cost of the filter and ductwork/hardware.

I spent 120 for a kit for my zxt.

The easy mod to bleed boost before the wastegate is easy and cheap, but be aware that you need to have one setup for winter and one for summer or you'll WAY overboost in winter (been there).

Preferrable is the setup to keep boost sway from wastegate until the boost you want is reached.

Your least expensive boost would be an exhaust system - I spent ~500 for a mandrel bent stainless steel piping to a Walker Ultra-Flow (3" straight Thru), 3" cat and adapting to stock downpipe.

This mad a HUGE difference. You won't gain much w/o fixing the crummy exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.