ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand what coil overs are kinda they allow you to install bigger tires, but how do they work and how much? Were do you buy them?
thanks much
Terry

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
the dia is much smaller then stock. short ver. cut the big perch off and put a lip lower on the housing and add ground control adj sleeve over housing then add the ten inch spring and mount... now you can lower or raise car to the height you want it...

most places only sell in set of four and go for around a grand + or - if you use norm strut of adjustable ones...

MSA
Victoria British
Ground Control and other places sell them...

most of these places sell the Tokico Ilumina 5 way struts for 149 each the nonadjustable go for 72 each... KYB are about 50 each... stock spring rate is like 165#

I got my front only pair for 480 with shipping from fonebooth.com Mike is great to work with.... he sells the ground control, hyper coils (Powder Coated), and Tokico struts cheaper then anyone else I have found... the 5 ways for like 125 each... he also sell Outlaw brakes BTW...

I got ground control with 200# hyper coils and the Ilumina 5-way adjustable struts from him... shop around but check with SCCA/Mike (handle on hybridz.org) before you buy...

here is one long post from hybridz about coil overs to read...

http://www.hybridz.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000310

Here is ground control home page also...

http://www.ground-control.com/

Z U V8ter

·
Registered
327 Posts
Kind of a generic term for a 2.5 inch diameter spring conversion.Dave at VG30.com sells the carrara stuff with his custom upper spring perch that has an inner I/D large enough to allow the top of the strut to go inside of it like the factory perch so you get full suspension travel.
Parts list would be as follows to do your whole car

Upper spring perch 4req 25.00 each
Lower spring perch on threaded collar(carrara) 4req 55.00 each
Perch saver stainless washer(not required but recommended) 4req 3.00 each
Eibach 2.5 inch spring your choice of rate 4req 50.00 each
Around 435.00 dollars not including shipping.Dave can also do the mods to your struts if you wish, think he used to charge about 25.00 a strut.

The advantige to these besides the increased tire clearence(if you have a 240/260/280,280zx s have a different steering axis inclination so the tire hits the strut not the spring) you mentioned would be the ability to corner weight your car,more control over finished ride height,and the avalibility of a huge selection of springs and manufactures at a much more reasonable price than springs made for a Z.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.