ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 76 280z and have heard of peaple putting chevy alternator on there z car.what would i need to do to put one of these alternator on my car.is there any other nissan alternator off of a newer nissan that i could put on my car that puts out more amps thanks ahead of time..freez

· Registered
298 Posts
My 78 alternator died in a small town. The local NAPA store only had a 80 - 82 SX240 alternator in stock. I would bolt in, but cranks arounds 100 amps, rather than the older stock 60-80 amps unit. Haven't had any wiring problems, fuses, or fuse link problems, so all I can say is that it worked for me.

Speed

· Registered
1,760 Posts
I used a mid '80's 300ZX alt. I is a 70amp model (not much more than stock), but the cool thing is it has dual internal fans... and is alot more efficient than the stock alt. It is a internal reg alt, so you will need to do some wiring changes. I have a friend at Delco Remy. He can give me the info on the rewiring... He is the one who hooked me up with that alt. It is part #14656 (with single groove pully). I think Advance Auto wants around $70.00 for one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.