Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,,
I have a 83280zx 2+2 right hand drive and the passenger side carpet gets wet when it rains...I have checked all grommet holes and past posts on this site but just wanting some advice on checking the seal on the windshield.Do they normal leak from the top or the bottom and should I be able to see the seal in the corners from the outside as I cant see much other then the crome strip...Any help would be great...

·
Registered
177 Posts
check the water channel over the door..
open the door...
and slowly trickle water from the edge of the roof.. into that channel.. all the way down the channel..
on my 80ZX... the driver's side was doing the same thing.. and that was my problem.. there was a 1 1/2"-2" stretch that leaked into the car... rather than "channeling" it away.

Just an option...

-Justin

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks justin,
I'll give it go..The driver side channel is full of rust but the passenger side seems clean but I'll give it the water test and see what happens...If that is the problem what did you do to fix it???silicone??
thanks
ps is cat3 an approach minima??

·
Registered
655 Posts
You might also consider T-top glass leak if you have t-tops (usually where the glass and metal meet use windshield sealant. Also consider the heater core or heater valve leaking unsure which side would have water in a right hand drive.
Good Luck

·
Registered
177 Posts
Whosa Whatsa??

well.. to seal my leak.. i filled the stretch of channel that was leaking with
"U-418
Quick Cure
Primerless
to Auto Glass
Urethane Adhesive"

its black... and dries solid enough you could probably make your own tires out of it. Gotta use a caulk gun with it.

and about the "approach minima"... not sure what that means.. so i guess not.
My online names have always included "cat" spawning from the far side comic where the dog is trying to lure the cat into dryer with a trail of signs reading "catfud" i've since shortened it to Cat3.. although really the three is written as "to the third power" (tiny little superscript "3")
so... thats the story, in short, of why my name has "Cat3" in it.

-Justin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.