ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the WCN and had a great time. My partner, girlfriend, and I ran our autocross car at the Saturday event and went to the show on Sunday. I was impressed to see so many custom Z's there. There were two that I particularly liked. Those were a 240Z with a Buick 455 V8 and a 240Z with a supercharged/intercooled LT1 Corvette engine.

The one with the 455 fit amazingly. I was expecting to see cut up shock towers but the big-block fit into the stock engine compartment without cutting. The car was set up for drag racing so the owner didn't worry about it's handling.

The blown LT1 Z was a beautiful black with 17" HRE wheels and Wilwood brakes. It was a very nice car that was well prepared. We got a smoke show at the autocross when the owner left. He nailed the throttle in first, second and third through the parking lot. With 550hp on tap, it was no problem breaking the Yokohama AVS-Intermediates' traction limits.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun. For any of you who didn't make it, you should be sure to go next year. It is well worth the traveling.

Ian

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>AMAZING SHOW!!</b>

I got there kinda late Sunday but what I saw was enough to give me a million ideas. Where were the 280 2+2's? I saw two of them. I was dissapointed at that.I was'nt able to drive my car, it was sorta under the weather but next year I will be at the autocross and in the showing.

Craig76Z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Nice raffle

I liked the free headlight covers I won at the raffle. The Eibach spring would have been nice though. :)

The show was awesome, and will only get bigger next year. It would be nice if more people showed up for the autocross though.

I was the one with my friend who was filming in 16mm and VHS. I think he will edit all the footage from sat. and sun. to make a short film.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.