ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have talked to mckinney motorsports and they said that the would do the rb25 swap and give me a 25% discount so they gave me a guys # that works for them over here on the east coast and said that they will call him and let him know that i will be calling him to have the work done so there it is that will be 2 300zx left hand drive with the rb25 swap

·
Registered
255 Posts
Did he tell you when the kit will be done? Because he told me it should be completed in the Fall of this year. Someone over at Hybridz talked to him to after I posted about the kit he was gonna make and he told the guy that he is trying to patent it too and I'm not sure how that is going. If you have any questions there is a post over at http://www.hybridz.org the post is titled "RB26DETT Kit" It's in the RB engine section.

Post Edited (Jul 14, 11:41pm)

·
Registered
255 Posts
OK, then why is Mckinney Motorsports making a kit to swap a RB26DETT engine into a 300ZX?

Also, the post is titled "RB26DETT Kit" but you can also use it to ask questions about the RB25DET because it is also about the RB25DET kit that Mckinney will be making for our Z's.

Post Edited (Jul 15, 9:32am)

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
brownkidd wrote:

> cant get a rb26 dett in the left hand drive z's it will not fit

No immagination. It will fit. But it will probably require some custom parts.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeh cuz I emailed and asked Walter Mckinney the same question "Will the RB26 fit the left hand drive Z?" He said it can, but will need custom mounts, wiring, ect......

Anything is possible....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea that link u sent me of the rb25 swap that guy is in the same club as me he stayed at my house when he came to come get it he was here for like 2-3 weeks then drove back to texsas so yea i know all about that car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.