ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

well the machine shop only ground off 1 peg on the flywheel,240sx tranny q's

375 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Tony D 
#1 ·
the 2+2 flywheel i bought that was rusty had one peg that had to be ground down. They did manage to get 2 out and he said i only needed 2. 29 bucks to get a blanchard grind at a napa with a machine shop. So now all i need to do is get my rear main seal out,moly grease,gear oil. And stick the tranny back on and i can succesfully use my new 2+2 flywheel and exedy stage 1 240mm clutch in my 240z. Over the winter im buying the parts to rebuild my 5 speed tranny. Cant wait to have that! Would it maybe wiser to take the bellhousing off the 5 speed and stick it on a 240sx 5 speed and use that? Is there any mod needed to do for that tranny? bellhousing will bolt right up?

#2 ·
Re: well the machine shop only ground off 1 peg on the flywheel,

Regarding your 240sx tranny, yes the z bellhousing will bolt up but the shaft holes, ( you'll see when you take the bellhousing off ), need to be opened up a little more than stock.

#4 ·
???

"the 2+2 flywheel i bought that was rusty had one peg that had to be ground down."

Some incompetent boob at a machine shop could not figure out how to do a simple extraction on the flywheel dowel pins, and convinced you that the proper course of action was to "grind it down"?

How about the centerpunch it, and drill it out to match the other two that they successfully extracted?

Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.