ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For reasons im not going into in within the next few weeks ill probably be going to pick up my Z and bring it home to do the swap myself. Things at this point just arent working out and I know why and I feel bad about it. So looks like im a 120k kit, wiring harness, oil pump and some gaskets and few little nit picky things away from being able to swap it over. I havent fully made this decision yet but im leaning towards it. Though things may change who knows.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
****! As through sands in the hour glass so is the Z's of our lives!
Jk..That just sucks, so you will have to get a trailer and whatever (engines) to haul all that stuff back?

Post Edited (Jan 6, 8:43pm)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thought that should of been done long ago. Hasn't it been in Texas for quite awhile.??
Friend of mine has had his car at SGP for nearly 8 months. Don't know if it'll ever get done. His is a 350 having everything done.
Isn't your's in Dallas??

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its been a while, its not the shops fault persay there are other issues at hand that have stopped it from happening and I have no hard feelings about any of it. Especially since im out little if any money. Also B the N/A motor last I checked is still in the car so its not like im going to have to peice it back together from where someone else started it. If the n/a motor was out that would mean the car is almost done. Im really just waiting till ive got the money to buy the harness and the 120k kit before I go get it that way downtime will be at a minimum when I get it back seeing as how im going to have to find a place to do the work. But, this is the story of my life when it comes to motor swaps.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Keep up the good attitude cville. You'll probably get it done pretty quickly once you get the parts all lined up.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, good attitude comes form me knowing ive got a good TT motor and list of good aftermarket parts a mile long oh and also im out way less money this time then I was the last time I got someone to do a motorswap for me that one hurt.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the experience will be nice though im sure I wont be saying that half way through the swap ill probably be cussing and using the damnit tool alot. But, in the end it will be worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.