ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,534 Posts
Why not stick the Z in storage or something, leave it at a friedn or relatives house. use the would-be money to fix on getting the stanza (should be about half) and finish school. If it were me in your situation, thats what id have to do. a Z32 is not a good car to have as a daily driver or someone on a tight budget in school. yes it can be done, but you'd be a lot more stress free if you put that project aside for a while.

This is what i would do in your situation if you want to do that VH45 swap: Store the car now broken and get your stanza to have a vehicle (easier to maintain, less costly in gas/maint anyway), save up bit by bit to get your Z fixed properly. If you are still concerned about structural integrity, sell it and wait for the right rolling chassis to come along. and buy that.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^ Agreed IF you can get proper storage ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Couldn't get proper storage...already know that for a fact. I was gonna use the money from selling the car into getting my stanza over here.

I guess the only reason I'm having such a hard time making a decision is my attachment to the car. Kinda makes it hard to be logical, you know?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I put in a new motor and have been, piece by piece, replacing everything on my car as it breaks from a combination of things: age, lack of being driven, and a poorly reassembled engine bay. I've probably spent over 6k on all the repairs including the motor. Don't be me, be smart about it. If it isn't in the books, get rid of the car. It sounds like you have "just enough" to fix it. But "just enough" will never be enough. More problems will come and you won't have the means necessary to fix it.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
Can you at least double cover it & drain gas for the long winters nap?

Mike

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
chaosdrifter06 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, the way you put Danzeman I would start to
> think that my Z should go to someone that would
> not use it as a beater. Right now whenever my
> friends call my Z a whooptie I want to wail on
> them...

Z-addict Wrote: