·
0 Posts
giZmo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would it be possible to make all 3rd party links
> open in a new page?
>
> giZmo

I've made this change. Let me know if links aren't behaving the same as before.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hi Derek, Some do and some still don't (you may have to set ones that still don't manually). The banner ad graphics do open a new page/tab. Text hyperlinks in the header still open in the zcar.com page. Also, Google ads stomp on zcar.com's page... I'll have to test more and let you know. Awesome that you and your team are monitoring feedback today! ;-)

Also, could you make the Zcar.com graphic in the header (upper left) "go home" on each page?

·
Registered
449 Posts
phxZ31 Wrote:
> >Also, could you make the Zcar.com graphic in the
>
> >header (upper left) "go home" on each page?
>
> giZmo, it appears the zcar.com graphic already
> links back to the home index

The graphic takes you to the homepage from all pages, unless you are already on the homepage.

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Kudos guys - new site is great. It will take some time to get used to but it loads fast and has all the same great info in an easy to read format. Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
473 Posts
This is awesome! I can finally post pics! Great Job!

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
OK, question.

With the last format, if I posted in a topic that was halfway down the list of threads, after my post it would take me back to the forum index with that thread at the top of the list. This made it easy to identify which thread I just posted in.

However now after posting, when it goes back to the forum index it goes back to the topmost thread, and there's no icon or anything identifying which thread you were just posting in. Could an icon, be made to point to the last thread you posted in, or the title of it changed to red text, or something of that nature?

I can deal with it if not, just a question.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Also, ran into another issue. Some of my posts, like the one I made lastnight in the Members Rides section, I can no longer edit.
I can edit some of the posts I've made today.

Is there a way to fix the members rides thread I made so I can modify the post. I wanted to re-arrange some stuff...

·
Registered
449 Posts
phxZ31 Wrote:
> Also, ran into another issue. Some of my posts,
> like the one I made lastnight in the Members Rides
> section, I can no longer edit.
> I can edit some of the posts I've made today.
>
> Is there a way to fix the members rides thread I
> made so I can modify the post. I wanted to
> re-arrange some stuff...

The time limit to edit is now set to 14 days.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Suggest allowing people to post parts in the car classifieds that are segregated by year ranges. Since there are usually more parts for sale and since car parts usually pertain to those same years it just makes sense. That would potentially eliminate one classifieds forum. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Please gawd no!

I dont want to see every freakin picture someone decides to put in their sig, if you want to show your car off, I think it should be in your profile.

Its annoying when every single picture in everyones sig needs to load for you to view the page, even more so for dailup people, we can put a 56k warning on for many pictures. but not for all the sigs pics, I say leave it alone.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I was wondering why the site wouldn't work yesterday.... Yay! New/better stuff :)

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Ok, now that I have my threade views back Im alot happyer.....

But still have some comments.

I would really like to see an index of all the forums up on the top right, it seems like we have the space above the "car talk" forum ot post the old index like we used to, just a real simple index of the links like we used ot have before so I can quickly jump back and forth would be nice.

I dont know about you guys, but I only live between the z32 forum and the Car Talk forum. Having a link to quickly take me back and forth between them is nice. This way I dont have to back out to the index page to get to another forum.

Also, it would be very nice to have hyperlinks that you have already viewed be in a different color or less bold font. This is nicer when using threaded views because it helps the user quickly see where the last viewed post was....yes I know we have the little "new" icon. But your eye is much better attuned to see the difference in color.

How about this, and its borrowed from a Jeep forum setup which I think is good for this type of setup(even though the Jeep forum has the bump, which I am not sure I would like here), in lets say the z32 section(or any) New threads, or threads with new posts, show up as slightly bold text, While at the same time threads that have been previously viewed have the different color hyperlink.

I like that setup because Threads that I have viewed or am following are easy to see because of a different color, and threads with new posts are also bolded so its easy to see when there is something new for me to checkout.

I know we have the "new" flag and all, but like I said, its way easyer for me to navagate on color setups than the little "new" gif.

One last thing, and this sounds like there may be nothing that can be done, there is about twice(2x) as much space between thread titles as there needs to be, this makes the whole forum page pretty long, I understand that the mod options are there, and there may not be anything that can be done, but it would be nice if the spacing was at least half of what it is now......

Oh, and one more thing, so the edit is going to be stuck at 14 days? There are some older posts in the z32 FAQ stuff that I periodically update for errors, omissions, moved external pictures(reordered my website image directory), and new information, would there be any way to edit those when the need arises?

With just a little bit of tweaking I think this place has alot of potential with this new update. Thanks for the work guys I know you have put some effort into the place!

41 - 60 of 157 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.