ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so today i decided to attack my dash and see if i could find out the problem with the tach...as i was removing it, i still had it hooked up, and then all of a sudden my tach was back on, so i figured that a connection was loose, so i put it all back together and it worked all day. After about 4 or 5 hours of my car not running...i turn it on and poof, no more tach. Do you think its a connection problem with it, or something else? Anyone?

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
there is one Guy in MO that does work on these digi clusters, I believe his name is Wild Bill and he has a web site which I'm sure someone here has it, I don't, anyways, what he does is go over all the little solder joints,what does that do??? well, over the years they crack and start acting like it's a short somewhere, why does it work sometimes and sometimes it doesn't is actually easy, usually it will work most of the day, especially right now in the HOT summer, what that does to the cracked solder joints is that metal expand when Hot, so the cracked solder joint is no longer cracked when it expands likw that, and one temp cools down outside sh*t goes back to normal, where ot flickers or sometimes even shuts off, so best thing to do is to send it to him once you get the web site, and send him the power suply unit and the cluster, I did before I swapped to analog, and it worked perfect, it was back like it was new again.

·
Registered
958 Posts
interesting site. Ask him to give you a price quote and post it on here plz. I'm interested to know what hes charging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.