ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, the shiro has been blowing headlight bulbs , and runnin really odd.. shes running rich randomly and missing horribly. i run the car on the four gas, and found like 3v ac voltage ripple from the alternator.. which is bad~ obviously. i changed the alternator and she ran flawlessly for about 80 miles today, and now the same stuff is happening again, only the coolant indicator light, brake light, and headlights indicator's are lit up when they shouldnt be. they get dim, and bright, and go out, but the shiro still runs horribly. i figure there is some kind of loose ground or a short to voltage or something that is causing these circuits to get 12v, as well as blowing the regulators in the alternators, making them over charge.. and as to why they are letting ac voltage out i still dont know. any help would be appreciated ... gracious~

also for the record i have been through about 4 alternators in a year.. and she keeps running worse and worse.. im thinking wire coating has burnt away or something, making contacts to wires more and more as time goes by..

·
Registered
631 Posts
Sounds like your getting positve voltage into a ground wire somewhere.
Had that happen to me,turned out to be a bad stereo connection.
It can happen anywhere, even turn signal bulbs.
Check your fuses to see if any are warm......

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats kind of what i was thinking.. with a short to voltage i would get all kinds of problems.. im an hour away from home, at my girlfriends house, so i dont have any tools (dmm) so i did a crapload of searching last night on her computer... man its slow to , i have dsl at home. anyway, i found alot of post about this but noone said anything about the engine actually running bad.. could it be that i have a short to voltage within a sensor or something causing this? she is runnin horrible.. any quick help would be awesome, im going to see if i can find a dmm around here somewhere and start checking grounds for voltage... gracious

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
i would think the reason for the car running poorly is because the computer is not recieving the voltage it was designed for, or any of the sensors or fuel injectors. first thing i'd look at after 4 alternators is the alternator wireing harness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.