ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello Monday morning. For all you guys who only visit this page at work-- I started a contest to win a strut bar over the weekend. Be sure to goto the thread here and cast your entry.
So far my favorites are (in no particular order)

Yuichi: What a sad story, you have to love it.

Huy 260z: Story had everything. vegas, women, mustangs, and cops.

Jack S: Reminds me of my Dad bragging how he use to race. He'd beat the guy in his car, then swap cars and beat the guy in his own car. Then you knew you were just outdriven.

John: I don't know about a strut bar, but you are definitely qualified for the Darwin awards this year.

keep em coming.

greg
71 240z

Check out my web page update , I've added some more exterior shots as well as the in process interior. I also thumbnailed alot of the pics, so let me know by email how the loading time of the page is as well as any detailed tech articles you may want. Like does anybody care about the CV swap as much as I do? Putting a Borg Warner in a 240, rear disc brakes, fuel tank mods, Fel Pro ECM and mods necessary to use distributorless ignition with it etc?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Greg, great looking car I love the sytematic work you did. one thing I think the insulator on the floor is layed out inside out the foil side needed to go against the floor, or NOT?:) what was done in the paint shoppe the inside looks very clean,was that done there? and how much was it?
sorry for the long replay the car got me excited. thanks
Stan

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey greg,
Replied to both (about your webpage and the contest) Some good stories out there, I know there's got to be more!! Hey, your webpage looks great. I'm at work and it loads up very fast. I guess it helps having a direct connection. Will the radiator ever rust or lose its lustre? Maybe you should bolt that on the outside and put the I/C on the inside and let people marvel at that!! Can't wait for you to finish and enjoy your ride.

later,
LuZZifer
'83 turbo project
'87 turbo

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LuZZifer wrote:
-------------------------------
Hey greg,
Replied to both (about your webpage and the contest) Some good stories out there, I know there's got to be more!! Hey, your webpage looks great. I'm at work and it loads up very fast. I guess it helps having a direct connection. Will the radiator ever rust or lose its lustre? Maybe you should bolt that on the outside and put the I/C on the inside and let people marvel at that!! Can't wait for you to finish and enjoy your ride.

later,
LuZZifer
'83 turbo project
'87 turbo

I thumbnailed alot of the pics to speed up the loading. I've only learned how to build a page in the last month and it's all being self taught out of books, so bear with me. On my first page I made a cardinal sin of just forcing the pics to be smaller instead of thumbnailing them. Took forever to load. Read a few more books and fixed that mistake quick. It's getting to be fun, now.
On the radiator, it will never rust since it is all aluminum. I don't know about it loosing the luster, though. It shouldn't. If it does it's nothing a little polishing every once in a while won't fix. I was going to paint it black at first to try and keep an understated factory look to the engine bay. Then I realized with the huge turbo, intercooler piping,extruded fuel rail, sheetmetal aluminum intake, braided line, etc, etc, there was now way I could make it look factory. Stan, I don't know about the insulation. Instructions didn't specify. The foil facing is the same on both sides. I figured it would matter more if you use it under the hood as an actual heat reflector. I'm using it to insulate more than reflect. either way it is better than stock, plus it was easier to install that way.
greg
71 240z

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.