ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was Just curious ,how do these z cars run with a tripple weber setup?L28 eng ,10.5 compression fully ported and polished E31 head and cam?Is it worth the money.By the way the carbs are 40 MM .Any advise would be very appreciated.Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Yo Zap.
The 3webers run GREAT! Its the adjustment that is tiresome and tedious but once preperly attuned they are wonderful mid-range and top-end power at 14mpg only. Enjoy. shane-

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I recently swapped my Tripple Webbers over to an L28 set up similiar to yours. I had them on an L24/E31 engine for almost 20 years and was very pleased with the performance gains. At pressent I am having a few problems which I am sure are due to the increase in engine size and the cam. I am going to play with the jetting over the winter and see if I can get a bit more out of them. I have been told by a few people that the 40s are too small for an L28 but it remains to be seen. They are great carbs though, in 20 years I have had no major problems with them. Once you get used to balancing and syncing them they are a breeze!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I used to be able to get blank jets and other parts from a guy who used to race Fiats and Alpha Romeos who has since gone nipples up. There are no other sources where I live any ideas appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.