ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got this buddy of mine that's got a set of side draft webers on his 78 TR7, that he insists will bolt onto my 74 260, that he's trying to sell pretty cheap. He's been known to be wrong about things like this before. Does anyone know if carbs are interchangeable between these two cars? If no one knows, I guess it's gonna come down to test fitting... I'm just trying to avoid the hassle if it's not necessary.

Thanks a million!
Shayne

·
Read Only
3,883 Posts
if its a set of triples the carbs will work but i cant believe the manifold will work.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My dad has that exact same set up on his 81' Triumph TR7(keep the wedge alive!). The carbs are exactly the same. But since the Tr7 has an in-line four (yes they do make v4's anyone heard of a lancia) the manifold won't. I believe the stock SU's and the dual weber setup have the same same intake, so no loss, unless the 260 for some reason has a different manifold (i know there shitty downdrafts). Its a good setup, oh yeah, ask you friend if he knows where i could find a shity tr8 from. thanx

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks for the info. He's got a tr7 thats a bit tore up... I'll see if he can find a tr8 and I'll let you know.

Shayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.