ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the motorsport catalog, the 60mm webber throttle body is listed as for non-turbo only. anyone know why this is? i'm sure it can be made to work, but what's the difference? also, will i need to grind the manifold to make it match correctly? thanks.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I should work. I heard some people using 240sx TB on zxt. (about same as webber TB) yes you have to gring the inside of the intake

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
Grind, grind, grind.

Were I to do it again, I'd have a machinist flycut the bore into the thing after scribing where the relief needs to be, and then go back with cartridge rolls and blend everything out afterwards.
The Turbo and late model TB's are similar, they have the heater on the body. The Weber is NOT what MSA sells. They sell TWM. I know, I just bought one, and had previously installed a Weber on another car 15 years ago. The Weber uses your old linkage over, the TWM unit MSA sells does not, it comes with it's own self-contained, slightly weak return spring. I had to rig another return spring on it to get positive return (one like the OEM body had).
I think they put that in there as TWM does not specifically state it is for the Turbo model. Check a Turbo OE body with a N/A body and if they are the same, then the aftermarket should work. That's what I'm betting on, I will be using either the TWM or the 240ZX body on my turbo car, but that project is two months off, and I haven't dug out the OE Bodies to really positively verify "yes" or "no" for myself...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Grind, grind, grind.

thanks. that is interesting that MSA does not sell the webber unit anymore. i was wondering specifically about the webber because i have one on my NA 280Z and figured i could swap the TB's out since the turbo car will make better use of the larger one. anyone know for sure if this will work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.