ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove my Z to the country club the other day. Figured it was looking good enough to be seen in public in. Kid at the gate--maybe 25-26--takes down my license and name and them comes back to the window and says, "Can you tell me the make of this thing?"

Kill me now.

steve 77

· Registered
3,488 Posts
Another signal that we are nearing the End of Times.

The Decline and Fall of the Western Civilization is Imminent.

Pray for us all.

JIHAD JIHAD JIHAD on all Z-ignorants!!!!

(You shoulda posted this in Banter & Chat forum)

· Registered
298 Posts
I went through a drive through window at the local Dairy Queen. A sixteen year old girl and her young co-workers are hanging out the window looking at the car. The one girl in particular tells me her boy friend has one and she loves the car!

Heck, I'm 42, but if I can get that type of reaction, I'm going back after another Blizzard! LOL! - Speed

· Registered
86 Posts
hey guys,

got one better than that.i had a chick tell me ,and i quote,"yeah my grandma tried to pawn that awful thing on me ,and i told her i could never drive such an old piece of s#*t.might as well have kicked me in the head.i even had a tear. ;(

ps im 25 and wouldnt take anything for my z!

· Registered
301 Posts
There are 2 Z-cars at my high-school....one 95 300zx N/A, and my 280zx Turbo....we both park at the back of the parking lot taking up 3 spaces each ( parked sidewase ) and get MUCH respect from the Honda/Accord racers at the school. Needless to say, only the other Z owner and a few other guys new what my car was when i drove up. But now no one can forget it

Matt

· Registered
566 Posts
At this point... I'll recount my fave story...

Staying at the Carlton Hotel... valet parking... When I got the keys to my 81 t-top back the tag on them said "Silver Jaguar".

· Registered
157 Posts
not dying, just ignorance

I admit,
God save me, 5 months ago I didn't even realize Z's were such a great car. I have heard about them, and even remember being smoked by one back in high school
(I used to drive a 65 SS chevele). Every since then I new they were just plain fast, and never attempted to race one again.

It was by accident I got my Z today. My father in law bought it off a recker for 150 dollars. Saved the Z, and got a new respect for the car. It now has 199758 miles almost my 200,000 mark! Still running great, all I had to do was buy it some tires stock mags, clutch and paint job, oh yeah lots of attention......

(banter and chat, oh well just expressing info with other 70-83 owners)

Zfan

· Registered
1,881 Posts
Re: not dying, just ignorance

I know what you guys mean....coming out of McDonalds drive through and there was a gathering of "racers"...as I pulled out (thinking they would talk crap) they where like "**** that car is phat...what is it? it looks hella mean" I just gave em the nod and quick burn out on 1st, 2nd and a churp at 3rd just to remember me by.

ratedZ
83zxt

· Registered
961 Posts
Re: yeah but then all your friends would say..

**** your car is older than your g-friend!!! ( God I just had a scary though...my wife was only 1 1/2 when my car was made....)

Of course nothing Like a Z and a nice young thang to leep you young too!!! :~)

Z ya later
Mike K

· Registered
330 Posts
no we're not...!!!

i'm 17 and i just bought, with cash paid in full, a 240z with my hard earned cash!
a lot of Honda( corvet, ss nova etc. ) no offence, people just can't see what they lost to^_^

· Registered
92 Posts
Re: not dying, just ignorance

What's up Rated Z,

Man those other nutz were player hateing on me (Back in the Deep Dish Session).

Hey man, I have a nice 280ZXT w/T-T, tinted head light covers, fat exhaust, no cat, MSD,rebuilt engine, etc. I drive by new Hondas and eat them for breakfast. They don't understand it's a Z thang. People love the 280ZX body style. It is so original, all the way til today.... I turned down a Vette for a 280ZX 81' limited Ed. The Vette drove like @!#$. But, was pretty fast. I plan on building my Z up to 300 hp.

I like the way you represented, mashing out of Mc Donald's. If I was there, I would have done the same thing accept for in Donuts.

United Z Club, L.A./LB.

Sy

· Registered
92 Posts
Re: no we're not...!!!

Sonic, That's hella cool. My dream is to smoke a vette. I know it felt good. Man, hit me up with some details. Where are you located? I smoked two Mustangs 5.0 with my old Z car 82'280ZX non-Turbo. I got smoke also, by some 5.0's too. But it's all good... I was suppossed to lose.

Man, I gets much love from bystandards. People just stare like I'm in a jaguar or something.

United Z Club, L.A/L.B.
Peace out and good luck. drive safe.

Sy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.