ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am hearing a sound very similar to vavle lashing/tapping coming from the front half of my engine. it sounds as if it is in the center directly above the crank pulley. tried the old screw driver trick but it didnt do much good. my dad thinks its the water pump.

what do yall think?

if it is the pump what else is a good idea to replace while have have the front half ripped apart?

thanks
zelotic

Post Edited (Jun 14, 3:42pm)

·
Registered
667 Posts
mine was - is making the same sound it got slightly louder and now my water pump is leaking - there is no play in the water pump like some have had when they go bad but that doesn't always happen

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I believe the bearings wear out until it siezes in beastslayers case.

The waterpump on my Buick didn't seize at all but began leaking as you mentioned. The waterpump on my *other* Buick (confusing I know!) did seize. As those bearings start to wear out they get louder and louder!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually funny you should say that bobs86zx. upon further inspection, i found that its not the pump. althought the sound was very similar and from the same location it seems now that it is the t-belt tensioner bearing. as my dad and i were removing the upper cover we saw that the out side of the t-belt was starting to get chewed up and a ball bearing felt out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.