ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm replacing my water pump...However, I have a quick question before pulling off the Crankshaft Pulley. I am wondering if you need to pull off the Crankshaft Vibration Dampner in order to pull off the pulley? To rent the Harmonic Puller I need to cough up 89.98 :eek:/ I'd rather not if I can just skip pulling the damper :eek:) Let me know if you can.

Also, If I MUST pull off the damper, what's the safest and easiest way to do it. In other words, how do you guys normally mark the relation between the dampner and the pulley?

Thanks! Sorry for the long question

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
the balancer has to come off. $89 ? i think you can buy a puller fo 20 - 30 bux at any auto parts store. relation between damper and pulley, mark it with a pc. of chalk or just a scratch mark.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Crankshaft Vibration Dampner? You can buy a crowsfoot puller from autozone or harbor freight etc for 10 or 15 bux or "rent" one from autozone for the sales price and get a full refund upon returning the tool intact. You'll need to buy bolts to match the pulley. Be sure to drain all the coolant and do not get any coolant on the t-belt. Best buy a woodruff key too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you live in an area that Autozone exists, you can get a loaner for a credit card charge which will be credited back to your account when you return it. CKS (Shucks, Checkers, Etal) also has the loaner program.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.