ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I spray off my Engine with water, it's getting quite dusty in there or will it short some components of my engine?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Just try to avoid the distributor and coil sometimes after spraying off my engine it will have a miss until it dries off.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I pressure wash my engine every couple months and have never had a problem. Just avoid the ignition like 300zx said and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Be sure and don't get a lot of water in the area of the MAF sensor down below the driver side headlight. If you get it too wet it has been know to quit working altogether. I usually stick a large plastic trash bag down in this area to protect as much as possible from water getiing into the electronics.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
After washing off th motor, and dabbing at those "wet spots" start and run the motor for 10 minutes WITH THE HOOD UP! This will stop a BIG WET CLOUD OF STEAM from getting under your dist. cap and other sensitive components. Then drive it another 30 minutes for the "spin dry." I've been cleaning motors for over 33 yrs. NK..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.