ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 300zx turbo seems to have a few vampires in the electrical system. ive replaced the coil wire and my voltage seems fine. The car has problems starting after it has been shut off for a half hour or so. The car turns over, and i believe spark is getting to the plugs, because we checked the distributor for output. I have replaced the fuel filter and the car runs fine when it starts. but there seems to be a problem within the electrical system that keeps the car from starting up. could it just be a fried computer, or is there a module in the car that helps the car start when warm? thanks for all the help on the earlier thread, but ive messed with the car for about 3 weeks now, and i cannot seem to find any thing. any kind of help is better then my knowlege. thanks!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
What temperature (or position on the guage) are you reaching in normal driving? When I ran hot one day (due to an old radiator cap) I turned the car off, walked away for about 1/2 hour, came back and tried to start it and it would fire but immediately die. Somebody here mentioned something about a failsafe but I'm not sure if one exists.

I guess what I'm saying is make sure you are running normal (operating) temperatures and not running hot in these instances.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The temp runs in the norm, and so does the rest of the gauges. I have replaced 3 of the plugs, but havent replaced the other half, seeing you must remove the turbo and manifold. I dont think that would be a problem, because, once the car starts it runs fine. Thanks for the help, and if you have any more suggestions, please pass em down, because some help is better then none at all! Thanks agian.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
zcar110 writes:
> I have replaced 3 of the plugs, but havent replaced the other half,
> seeing you must remove the turbo and manifold.

What car/engine is this again?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its an 85 300zx turbo, with the adjustable suspension, t-tops and 5 speed. I also have put in an electric fan, because my stock fan went bad.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Removing the "turbo and manifold" should not be required when changing what I assume are spark plugs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no buddy, they are directly over the "assumed" plugs, and i guess you have to have a series of swivel heads on your speed wrench to access them, but like i said, i dont believe it would be plugs, because the car runs fine once started. i has got to be something in the electrical system. Thanks though. If you have anymore suggestions, i would greatly appreciate them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.