ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Winoman I found some Wagner brake rotors for my 78 for only $30 each at www.rockauto.com which so far is the best price I can find. Someone told me autozone sold them for about that price but not at my store. Are Wagner parts any good as I've never heard of them or does it even matter. Any national autoparts chains carry Wagner parts?

Thanks.
Mark

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
They are a major brand and even if they carried another name you were more aware of, you could not be sure who actually made the part these days.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i work for Big A auto express(national parts chain) and we sell tons of wagner parts.. the rotors are very good quality and i would only pick brembo as anything better than wagner.. which i am putting on my car.. well mountain rotors not brembo , but same quality. i wont tell you what i would pay for wagner rotors.. but 30 each is a god price for good quality rotors

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys

I'm shopping around for the best prices on rotors, sm pads, lines, hw, kyb struts, wheel bearings and urethane bushings as I plan to upgrade my front suspension by myself after Christmas. Never done anything like this before but with all the advice from this site and my FSM I'm going to give it a shot.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I used to be a buyer for a local automotive distributor and I handled the Wagner brake line. If your box had wagner printed in red, its made in the USA. If the print is blue, its made in China. The Chinese made brake rotors are ok, I never saw a problem with them, although the Wagner rep told me once that there were more quality control problems with the Chinese made brake parts than the US made.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mark,

Try Autozone.com ..... I think. I got AIMCO rotors for my 78 at 18.99 each. The store wanted almost twice as much. They said online was cheaper. What ever!!!!!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They're $39.99 now

You got a good deal from autozone.com cause they're listed at $39.99 on their site now. Wish they still were $18.99.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.