ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help Yuichi. We digressed and ruined his turbo thread below. Re-read his original, and then post to this Q, as the other's a bit cluttered. It's the least I can do for my part in it all.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
thanks tony my hero:)

n/c i need help on any turbo advise i'd like to hear as much as i can:) Ears wide open;)
zya
yuichi

·
Registered
364 Posts
2 Cents for Greg's Post....

Yuichi....

I think Greg had a few good comments about the budget... but before ya make him your buddy... Ask him a few tough questions....like:

Does your garage still look like it does on the pic posted on his web page.... if the answer is no.... ask him what happened to the washer and dryer by the door.... also request an updated picture.....

or...

If you have a garage.... why are the pic's on his web page showing the car outside?

If he can give ya some good answers.... which I'm sure they'll be GOOD.... then go for the turbo setup.

Actually... maybe I shouldn't say anything.... but my Z does fit in the garage... its just tough to get out of it...
my other problem is... everytime I go to get in my car and I open the garage door.... I get this vision of Greg's garage which makes me feel like mine isn't so bad....

Greg, if you read this.... my garage would run a close second to yours.... except... I don't have no 55 gallon drums in it. Don't take this to seriously.... maybe we should have a garage door picture contest to see how good and bad it can get.....

Cheers,
Dennis

·
Registered
74 Posts
RE: 2 Cents for Greg's Post....

aahummmmmmm...that would be "I don't have any 55 gallon drums" not "I don't have no 55 gallon drums"......Just giving you a hard time :)

Take care and happy Z-ing

Lloyd "Ewan" Tillman

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>I need to conference with Yuichi first.....</b>

Ewan,

Thanks for catching that...I was trying to be careful in what I said. Just didn't want to get Greg uptight... you know the old saying.... well strip my gears and call me shiftless....

After talking to Yuichi... he has corrected both of us. This information is coming to us from a soon to be high school grad. Per Yuichi...

"I's ain't got's no stinking 55 gallon drums"

Well that makes me feel better... hope it does the same for you. Sure is nice to be in a good mood.

Enjoy your day,

Dennis

·
Registered
1,826 Posts

That's no garage, that's the shop. My garage at my house in only for the finished product. There is no way I would tackle a project as big as rebuilding a car out of a two car garage. We can't all live in the perfect climate of California. It was 90 degrees here yesterday. It's like a oven in my garage, working outside is a necessity. At least the car is covered. It actually hailed here a little Saturday night. Gotta love Texas. The last few weeks I've been putting a new motor in the GN as well as the normal Datsun stuff. Wouldn't my neighbors be happy with me doing all that out of my house? Oh yeah, the drum. 55 gallon drums are great. Wonderful trash cans. Slap a piece of plywood on top and it's a work bench.
greg
71 240z
87GN
84GN
71 Cuda

4 cars, two car garage.....you do the math.

·
Registered
650 Posts

ha!!! i got you all beat, well i did, till i cleaned out my garage. =P

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>A Correction to the 2 Cent post....</b>

To All....

Please remove the word garage in both questions. Insert the word shop.

Thanks Greg, mind if I request an updated picture....

BTW, this morning when I walked in to my shop to pull the Z out for the normal trip to work. I got that vision again...except this time it had a shopping cart in it. By any chance did you cut down a shopping cart and use it for a tranny stand?

Thanks again for setting me straight,

Dennis

·
Registered
88 Posts
RE: The 2 Cent post....

You guys............. Didn't 'ichi have a question?

um.... oh yeah, turbo. Find some friends to "donate" some parts for your cause. Oh, yeah, you tried that. But hey, you got the $25 store credit with greg. greg helped me out a lot when I had questions about going down the road to turboville. I would figure out how much horsepower you want. If you want to have 270 hp or below, then go with a modified stock set-up. Once you get above 270 hp, then you need to get rid of the stock computer and have a full blown engiine management system like a TEC-II.
I think, since you are just finishing HS and are working this summer to pay for this, you should get a turbo motor and buy a few things to work with it. Get an adjustable boost controller, intercooler, seal the pop-off valve, rising rate fuel pump, K&N intake set-up and set boost at 12 psi. You should make some solid power and you could still upgrade the turbo to a t3/t4 and this could cost you under $2,000 easy.

Just my thoughts.

Later,
LuZZifer
'83 turbo project
'87 turbo

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Speaking of shops</b>

My grandfather was a mechanic in a small town . He did some of the most amazing things out of his shop 1 car garage you had suck in your gut to squeeze past the vehicle . He had a lathe, welder . He did a ton of custom work that I could not even imagine doing, a true craftsmen . If you asked for it he could do it . Many people used to come to his shop to get things fixed and shoot the **** for a few hours . It's still boggles my mind thinking what came out of that tiny broom closet he called a shop .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.