ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it stopped raining for a little while so I went out and checked some volts on my wires...The Wire connecting into the B terminal of my starter is getting a constant 12.6V and the wire going into the S terminal (spade terminal) is getting a .4V constant until the ignition is activated and then it jumps to a 11.89V...With all this in mind, it's giving me a headache because the wiring is getting proper voltage so what the heck is the problem...Bad ground?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As far as I know, the wires are getting proper voltage...The wire to the B terminal of the starter is getting roughly 12.4 volts and the wire to the S terminal is getting roughly 11.89 volts...you can take the starter out...Attach a jumper cable to it and put a screwdriver between the 2 terminals and get it to spin...However, whenever I bolt the starter to the engine and connect it and try arcing a screwdriver between the 2, I got it to spin for a second then when I pulled the screwdriver back out and tried it again I only got a "click"...What the heck is going on ( I'm not much of an electronic guy so this is killing me

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A new thing I just found out...Whenever i connect the S Wire to it's proper terminal...The volts jump from .45 to .01

Sorry for all the posting I"ve been doing

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Use aligator jumpers from Radio Shack and tell us what the small wire measures when IT IS HOOKED UP TO THE SOLINOID. Sounds like a bad solinoid although when that's bad the motors will prolly go NEXT. Check the grounds also. NK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.