ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to work today and everything was great until I looked at my voltage meter (86 gll n/a 5 speed) and it was pegged all the way to the top!! It has always stays at the same place until today. So I did not know what to do, so to keep the power meter from going thru the roof I turned my stereo all the way up and nothing, so I turned on my lights to and it moved down 1 spot. Now I know the meter works because when I hit the brakes the meter moves down to where it should be. About 4 days ago I installed 2 new caps for my system because the ones I had where about 1 ½ years old and where getting weak on my me (my headlight where starting to dim on me at nigh and so on). I had 3 1 farad caps running in sequence for my lows and 3 1 farad caps running in sequence for my highs and to save room I bought 2 5.0 farad caps which are great. Could this be the problem? Is this a problem? I rely don’t know what to do PLEASE HELP.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Your alternator might be going out. Constantly reading high is a sign of a faulty voltage regulator.

Is this your stock alternator or have you upgraded to the 90amp Maxima one yet?

If you are really concerned, remove it and take it to a parts store to get it checked out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.