Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've got a 1980 280ZX. Recently the volt gauge has just been dieing sporadically. Its done this before but not nearly as much as it does now. Every time I drive the car the gauge acts funny. I haven't really been able to trace down anything that I do while driving to cause it. Sometimes when I press the brakes it dies or when I start the car or when I've done nothing at all. Then it will come back to life when I'm not paying attention to it. Sometimes when I shut-down the engine the gauge will die. The car starts every time no matter what. The car doesn't run any differently when the gauge is dead so I don't know if its even worth trying to fix the problem. If this is a sign of imminent failure of some electrical component I'd like to fix it now before it becomes worse because it is my daily driver. Thanks in advance.

gzcna

1980 280ZX 10th AE

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have had this problem, and just fixed it today. I'd be willing to bet, you have a bad connection at the alternator, clean the contacts on the alternator, and reattach the connections, and see if it works reliably. It fixed mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.