Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ;

Iwant to get rid of my stock stereo. Does it effect my voice warning system? I don't want to lose my voice system. So if anymone knows how to do it please let me know.

Thanks.

Jack.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
>No, it is a seperate unit from the stereo. The control box for the voice system is in the spare tire well, small black box mounted on a bracket. It has it's own built in amplification.

The only way that I can think of you interrupting the voice is if you completely disconnected the passenger side dash speaker. If your aftermarket radio is going to tie directly in to the factory wiring harness (behind the stock radio) you should have no problem. If you decide not to hook your new stereo up to the factory dash speakers at all, you should not have any problems either.

I cant rembember the exact colors for the voice warning box output, but if you look at the wiring harness that is plugged into it, you should be able to find the voice output wires, these should match a set of wires that is going into the dash speaker itself. Again, as long as you don't cut these wires everything should work fine.

Dave

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> The only way that I can think of you
> interrupting the voice is if you completely
> disconnected the passenger side dash
> speaker. If your aftermarket radio is going
> to tie directly in to the factory wiring
> harness (behind the stock radio) you should
> have no problem. If you decide not to hook
> your new stereo up to the factory dash
> speakers at all, you should not have any
> problems either.

> I cant rembember the exact colors for the
> voice warning box output, but if you look at
> the wiring harness that is plugged into it,
> you should be able to find the voice output
> wires, these should match a set of wires
> that is going into the dash speaker itself.
> Again, as long as you don't cut these wires
> everything should work fine.

> Dave

i recently replaced my speakers in the dash with box speakers.when clipping the wires i disconnected the radio from the voice module and reconected the speaker for the voice only. however, my voice alway came from the center speaker,your best bet is to test all the wires when diconnecting them.old radios aren't as consumer friendly as the new ones.

good luck,
mike e

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Use a Floating Ground adapter and use you original wires. The stereo will then go to the vocal warning unit and work just like the original stereo. I got my adapter from the Crutchfields.(ask for it)You must use this if you want to use you original wires(saves alot of time) or you will blow up your new floating ground stereo. I did this for the front speakers only and ran new wires that are not grounded for the back. It works just like it did with the factory radio. It cuts the front sound out so the little lady sings loud and clear. I just did this last winter so if you have any ?? e-mail me

> Iwant to get rid of my stock stereo. Does it
> effect my voice warning system? I don't want
> to lose my voice system. So if anymone knows
> how to do it please let me know.

> Thanks.

> Jack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.